What We Do
Milo Grogan is one of the many neighborhoods in Columbus that was forever divided in the 1960’s with the construction of Interstates 71 and 70. With this division came a permanence of poverty. Almost 20% of its land area including 400 homes and businesses were swallowed up. Furthermore, the eventual closure of major employers like Timken and Ohio Malleable, dramatically and adversely affected the neighborhood.
Despite these challenges, Milo-Grogan residents have maintained strong relationships and are working together for a brighter future. It's an honor for Cultivate to be a part of this process. We're proud to live, work, and play in Milo-Grogan!
What We Do
Know & Engage Neighbors
- Civic Association Fiscal Sponsor; applied for and received 3 grants to fund initiatives
- Closely engage with neighborhood happenings to build up the Civic Association and organize neighbors
- Partner with neighbors to create and maintain the Milo-Grogan Green Space
- Make and distribute a monthly newsletter for the Milo-Grogan Civic Association
- Launched Rooted, an innovative year-long internship and leadership development program for young adults
- Future initiative: launch local leadership development program/class for residents
Vibrant & Healthy Economic Development
- Coming in 2018